The Different Types Of Moving Boxes Available To Choose From
Are you moving home and are wondering what the best type of moving boxes your belongings can be packed in? There are a variety of moving box types out there, and by learning what these are you can select the type that suits your requirements best. Some boxes might be more expensive, but at the same time provide more strength. However, if your items are relatively light, then that strength and therefore extra cost will be wasted. These are all things to think about as you look at the list of various moving boxes below:
- Wardrobe boxes: The purpose of wardrobe boxes is to allow clothes that are hanging in your wardrobe to remain in a hanging configuration during the move so that they do not wrinkle. Furthermore, curtains can be hung in wardrobe boxes so that the number of creases is reduced during the move. For domestic moves you can expect the wardrobe boxes to be upright throughout the move if you choose a responsible moving company. However, for international moves, do expect that the wardrobe boxes will be altered between an upright and laying-down configuration.
- Mattress boxes: One of the bigger items in your home that will need to be packed are mattresses. Special boxes are made for them that come in sizes to accommodate the popular mattress sizes such as king, queen and single.
- Dishpack boxes: Want to make sure that your dishes and china make it safely from your old home to your new one? Then invest in some dishpack boxes that come with a strong multi-layer design and dividers to prevent dishes from banging together during transportation. Such boxes should be used for any breakable items in your home such as framed photos, small antiques and lamps.
- Large boxes: A bog-standard large box will need to be used to pack all your pillows, stuffed toys, blankets, rugs and towels. They do not need to be particularly tough because these items are of low weight. Size is more important here than the strength of the box.
- Mirror boxes: These types of boxes will have the shape of a mirror, and there might even be padding on the inside. They are ideal for transporting mirrors and also any pictures that you have hanging up on the wall. The size of the boxes that you order should match the size of the items that will go within as closely as possible. For example, if a mirror was significantly smaller than the box it is placed in then it will move around in the box due to being loose, and that could lead to damage.
27 March 2015